If seriously thinking about starting your carrier as a Frontend Software developer, you’re not going to do a bad turn with any of these Technical skills on the list below.
Especially for those who want to be demographically independent – aka, you’ll be able to find a job anywhere you go to maintain your cash flow…
From my working experience these are the most resonating ones currently on the market (2021) in sequential order from the most wanted to down:
- React, Redux
- UI/UX Wireframe Design (Figma, Sketch, Moqups)
- UI/UX Feel (Raw material – you need to be born with this)
- Rest API (principles and architecture)
- GraphQL (principles and architecture)
- Blazor (WebAssembly in conjunction with PWA)
- Elastic Search (principles and architecture)
- Kubernetes (the next level)
There are plenty of training materials online to start your journey.
But … I strongly recommend starting with the basics and principles first before jumping on core development. This can save you a lot of time in faulty code investigation and prevents unnecessary initial frustration (learning curve).
Btw., I am more like a person who learns from visual sources and I can give your a few tips on what I use for your start:
- Technology homepage and community forums (for example homepage for Node.js, and community forum dev.to)
I hope you enjoy this reading today.
Flick me an email about how did you find this article useful.